The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) continues to have an impact on data protection and privacy requirements for all businesses. On the 2nd of November 2018, our Data Privacy experts, Rob de Souza and Paul Gillingwater hosted a webinar to discuss the issues and concerns facing the UK Energy sector.
A lot of people are still trying to understand what GDPR means for their business and are asking how they can continue to maximise growth whilst incorporating these new requirements alongside existing legislation.
We aim to help businesses gain confidence and understanding regarding their planned GDPR processes and challenges. If you were unable to attend this event, then hopefully you will find the replay of the webinar and associated slides below informative.
- Are you ready to start building your Privacy Operations Centre (POC)?
- Data Protection Strategy for 2019-2020
- Newsletter: Data Privacy: Issue 3
- UK Energy Sector: Data Protection Concerns
- Newsletter: Data Privacy: Issue 2
- New Rules for Clinical Trials in France
- Crypto-currencies and GDPR
- DPbDD: Data Protection by Design and Default
- Event Invitation: Monetising Data - Beyond GDPR
- Dealing with Data Breaches under GDPR
- Data Protection Officers & SMEs
- ICO Audit Readiness Preparation
- Data Privacy & Recruitment
- Data Privacy for Education & Schools
- Data Protection Officers & Dental Practices
- Newsletter: Data Privacy: Issue 1
- Priority of DPA18 over GDPR & the challenge of Brexit
- Data Monetisation
- Data Protection Officer Services: Pharmacy & Health Care
- GDPR and Clinical Trials
- 3 GDPR mythbusters
- Do you need a Data Protection Officer?
- 7 tips to protect against cyberattacks
- GDPR: HR Impact on International Companies
- GDPR Documentation for SMEs
- Rights and Scope of GDPR for non-EU Residents
- Appointing an EU Representative
- Data protection awareness programmes
- Subject Access Requests: 10 Tips
- UK Policing and the GDPR
- Profiling and automated decision making under GDPR
- Data Protection Impact Assessments Explained
- Big data: With great power comes great responsibility
Meet our Data Privacy Experts
Paul is a highly experienced senior professional in the areas of Privacy and Data Protection, Cyber Security, Payment Card Security (PCI/DSS), Information Systems Audit, Regulatory Compliance, Governance and the ISO27001 ISMS.
With more than 30 years of project management experience, he has delivered solutions in multiple countries for both large and small companies, in a range of business sectors including government, telecom, online gambling, banking, media, insurance and manufacturing. Working closely with all levels of an organisation, Paul has a sound track record of managing the introduction of disruptive technology and minimising the negative consequences of change.
As a communicator, Paul has facilitated many workshops and conducted training courses on a wide variety of subjects, including at university level.
Robert De Souza
Head of Data Privacy
Robert is a data protection and compliance expert who has held several senior posts in this area internationally. His expertise encompasses the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Robert is in his final year of reading Law at the Open University.
Coupled with his thirty-year technology background as a CIO, Robert is in a unique position for the future of data protection. He will have the ability to link the worlds of data protection and law to ensure business are not stifled by the introduction of GDPR.